If you're looking for a project or 10 with all of your newly found free time, the Raspberry Pi (now in its fourth generation) is still a hero of the smart home project.
Small, inexpensive, stable and incredibly flexible. There are so many home automation applications that it is perfect for. Here are some accessories you may not have heard of to expand the features even further …
10. Raspberry Pi Sense HAT
The Raspberry Pi Sense HAT is attached to the Raspberry Pi using the 40 GPIO pins with orientation, pressure, humidity and temperature sensors. The Sense HAT has multiple sensors based on integrated circuits that can be used for many different types of experiments, applications and even games.
09. Raspberry PI DVB TV HUT
The Raspberry Pi DVB-TV hat supports dvb-t / t2 and can be used to create small Kodi clients that fit behind your TV.
08. Raspberry Pi HD camera module
The LABISTS HD camera module is a small square circuit board with a thin ribbon cable. The camera module is connected to the CSI connector (Camera Serial Interface) of the Raspberry Pi and offers high-resolution still images and moving video signals that can be used as or integrated into your own programs.
Raspberry Pi camera module HD 5M 1080P with holder and 2 ribbon cables for Raspsberry Pi 4, Raspberry Pi 3 B + and Pi Zero W for programming projects
- Brilliant picture quality: Vivid picture and smooth video quality in 5M 1080P with OV5647 sensor. You can use it for photo shooting, video recording, slow motion and time lapse.
- Plug and Play: compact and easy to set up. Work perfectly with Raspberry Pi 4, 3 b +, Pi 3 and Jeston Nano for surveillance, robortic, security, CCTV and webcam projects
- With 10 & 15 cm ribbon cables, you can choose the length according to your projects.
07.5 "HDMI capacitive touchscreen
This Raspberry Pi 4 screen is a capacitive 5-inch HDMI touchscreen monitor that supports Raspbian, Ubuntu with a resolution of 800 x 480. It supports Pi 4 and Pi 3 B + and can be used as a computer with Windows 7/8 / 8.1 / 10 as well as Sony PS4, XBOX360 and other popular game consoles
06. Raspberry Pi 4 fan cooling case
The Raspberry Pi 4 fan cooling case can contribute to the new Pi 4B's early reputation for heat generation. While things have improved with the latest updates, sometimes things can still go toasty.
05. Raspberry Pi PoE HAT
The Power Over Ethernet PoE HAT is a great accessory. PoE is ideal for the Pi, especially for juicing a smart home hardware project where you already have a data cable but no power supply.
04. Raspberry Pi UPS HAT
The Raspberry Pi UPS HAT is an uninterruptible power supply accessory that uses 2 x 18650 cells and offers 2 x USB A ports and 1 x Type C to supply the Raspberry Pi with power without interruption.
Raspberry Pi UPS power supply Uninterruptible UPS HAT 18650 battery charger Power Bank Power Management expansion card 5 V for Raspberry Pi 4 model B / 3B + / 3B
- (Intelligent design) UPS for Raspberry PI 4B / 3B + / 3B. Built-in energy path management, support for side charging, function for compensation of high-current lines. There are two USB-A ports and a Type-C output. It provides uninterruptible power for the Raspberry Pi to keep your Raspberry Pi working while you move, and its design is so intelligent that you can fix ground wire problems.
- (LED power indicator) It can use most 18650 batteries and fully meet the battery characteristics in terms of battery life. The illuminated LED light can quickly indicate the remaining power and assist in discharging while charging. You can connect directly to the external power supply unit for charging. At the same time, the Raspberry Pi is not switched off.
- (Multiple protection) Supports output overcurrent, overvoltage, short circuit protection; Input overvoltage, overcharge, overdischarge, overcurrent discharge protection and machine overheating protection. Safe and reliable.
03. Raspberry Pi SATA HDD / SSD card
The Geekworm Raspberry Pi 4 SATA supports up to 4 TB 2.5-inch SATA hard disk drives (HDD) and solid-state drives (SSD) of the Raspberry Pi 4 Model B.
Geekworm Raspberry Pi 4 SATA, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2.5-inch SATA hard drive / SSD expansion card X825 USB3.0 Shield for Raspberry Pi 4B
- √ The Raspberry Pi 4B card and the 2.5 inch SATA SSD / HDD are not included in the packing list.
- √ Only Raspberry Pi 4 Model B is supported, supports up to 4 TB 2.5-inch SATA hard drive / SSD, only 2.5-inch SATA interface HDD / SDD hard drive is suitable for X825 card
- √ Power supply requirement: AC 100 – 240 V input 50/60 Hz, 5 V DC 4A output, please use a high quality DC 5V 4A power supply (ASIN: B08215L7SY). If you use a low quality power supply, this may damage your 2.5 inch HDD / SSD or may not recognize the HDD / SSD.
02. Raspberry Pi 4G Cellular HAT
IBest 4G / 3G / 2G / GSM / GPRS / GNSS-HUT
The SIM7600E-H 4G HAT is a 4G / 3G / 2G communication and GNSS positioning module that supports LTE CAT4 with up to 150 Mbit / s for downlink data transmission. You can connect this 4G module to a computer to surf the internet, or connect it to Raspberry Pi to activate features such as 4G high speed connection, wireless communication, phone calls, sending SMS, global positioning, etc.
IBest 4G / 3G / 2G / GSM / GPRS / GNSS-HUT for Raspberry Pi, based on SIM7600E-H, supports LTE CAT4 for downlink data transmission, 4G connection, phone calls, sending SMS, global positioning
- Supports positioning of GPS, BeiDou, Glonass and LBS base stations. Supports dial-up, phone call, SMS, MMS, post, TCP, UDP, DTMF, HTTP, FTP, etc.
- Raspberry Pi connectivity, compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero / Zero W / Zero WH / 2B / 3B / 3B +
- Onboard USB interface for testing AT commands, retrieving GPS position data, etc. Onboard CP2102 USB-UART converter for serial debugging. Onboard voltage converter, operating voltage can be configured to 3.3 V or 5 V using jumpers
01. PiRelay PiRelay expansion card
The PiRelay expansion board should make every home machine's heart beat faster. The device is ideal for IoT projects and has 4 chip keys HLS8L-DC5V-SC relays that can process up to 240 VAC / 7 A or 125 VDC / 10 A. For each relay there is an LED status light and a 40-pin stacking header for access to the GPIO of a Raspberry Pi.
BONUS: Raspberry Pi 4 Kit
If all of this has piqued your appetite for a project and you don't have a Pi yet, check out these starter kits.
LABISTEN Raspberry Pi 4 B Model B 4 GB Starter Kit Motherboard 32 GB SD Card Pre-installed with NOOBS, …
Buy from Amazon
CanaKit Raspberry Pi 4 4 GB Starter Kit – 4 GB RAM
Buy from Amazon
Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4 GB ARM-Cortex-A72 4x 1.50 GHz, 4 GB RAM, WiFi AC, Bluetooth 5, LAN, 4x USB, …
Buy from Amazon
LABISTEN Raspberry Pi 4 Starter Kit Pro (4 GB RAM) – 64 GB SD card with pre-installed noobs, fans, …
Buy from Amazon
The Pi Hut Raspberry Pi 4 Starter Kit (4 GB RAM, Red & White)
Buy from Amazon
raspberrypi.org: Available on Amazon
Last update on May 22nd, 2020 / Affiliate Links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API